Thursday, February 11, 2010

7 Weeks and Counting

At 7-and-a-half weeks post surgery I can:
  • fit into pre-surgery pants. Whoopie!
  • wear Spanx instead of the binder. The joy of leaving off the binder is replaced within a few hours with an intense hatred of Spandex. I still use the binder far more than the Spanx.
  • pick up my 28-pound daughter. Oh how I missed her snuggled into my neck while I held her! My son, at 38 pounds, is still too heavy for me.
  • walk up and down hills for at least 30 minutes.
  • shop mindlessly for several hours. The Macy's clerk said skeptically, "You tried on all those things and you only found one blouse?"
  • lay on the bed, on my back or my tummy. This turned out to be a big deal. I had to work at straightening out every night.
  • walk without hunching over. I still hunch a little after a big meal.
I have half a week more before I return to work. That day will be exactly eight weeks since the surgery. I'm sure I'll be utterly exhausted, being 'on' for so many hours. But I know I'm well enough to do my thing. I have come so far, so fast. I wish a speedy recovery for you, too.

I'll post again on returning to work. Keep on truckin'!